Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Canner

Here it is in action. It took a while to figure out just how much heat I needed to make it work properly. First it jiggled too fast, then too slow. I eventually got it just right.


Here's what I got done today. 4 Strawberry jams and 2 1/2 mushroom spaghetti sauces. I didnt know you werent supposed to only fill a jar 1/2 way if thats all you had. Oops. I guess I will have to use that soon. All of the jars popped close, but my jam did not set well. Its kind of runny :( Oh well I'm sure it will taste good on biscuits or on Ice cream.



1 comment:

  1. Yum! Love strawberry jam! I don't use a pressure cooker - just a stock pot for my water bath. It seems to work fine though. Great yard sale finds!

    Don't forget to send me your address so I can send you the book. I put a comment on the book post asking you for it, but maybe you didn't go back and look. You can email it to me at
    patentgarden [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete