Friday, July 24, 2009

Yard Work and Powdery Mildew


I went out to the garden to inspect and collect yesterday, this is what I found. My cucumbers seem to have been affected by Powdery Mildew :( Everything I've read says to pull the affected leaves out. My plants aren't very big, if I pull more than 1 or 2 I'm afraid I wont have a plant left! I found a recipe for a baking soda mixtures that a couple people said might help. We'll see
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 quart of water
couple drops of liquid soap
We did lots of yard work yesterday. Robbie came over to help. This is him on our roof trying to clean out the gutters. They were really bad. There was even a newspaper up there! Apparently the tenants before us didn't feel this was anywhere near the top of their priority list. It was on ours though. Debris was catching at certain spots and making the gutters sag. Unfortunately one of those spots was right over our pond. Robbie was nice enough to help clean out the pond too. Our fishes love him I'm sure.


This is Jer with his new weed eater. He was excited to get out in the yard and use it. He had the weeds running in terror! Especially the ones on the neighbor guys side of the fence. I had Jer whack 'em because they kept creeping over into my garden. Other accomplishments from yesterday:
Cleaned out the garage
Put up new feeder (yes, another one)
Mowed everything, including in the bunny cage
Cleaned the grill

1 comment:

  1. A very busy weekend for sure.
    Too bad your helpers aren't for rent. :)

    ReplyDelete